Panasonic Lumix GH5, batteries and SD cards
Panasonic Lumix GH5 (Body Only)
Rental price per day $ 140.00
Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera from Panasonic provides an outstanding imaging platform for shooters who demand some of the best video and still photography quality they can get in a single compact camera. At the heart of the camera is a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor and a newly developed Venus Engine processor, which both offer dramatically improved processing times over its predecessor. This enables the ability to record 4K video at up to 60 fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording with select settings, Full HD video at up to 180 fps, 12 fps continuous shooting, and sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Also, the camera features built-in 5-axis sensor stabilisation, which can work with certain lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly effective shake correction that can compensate for up to 5 stops of shutter speed. Other improvements include a speedier and more accurate Advanced DFD autofocus system that can lock on in just 0.05 seconds, as well as 6K PHOTO at 30 fps and 4K PHOTO at up to 60 fps.
Along with all these internal improvements, the body received some significant upgrades as well. For viewing and composing images both the 0.76x OLED viewfinder and 3.2″ free-angle touchscreen received resolution bumps to 3.68m dots and 1.62 m dots, respectively. This will make shooting more comfortable and more accurate. The magnesium alloy body is now freeze proof to 14°F in addition to splash and dust proof. For fast image transfer and saving, there are now two UHS-II SD card slots. Additionally, for a completely wireless setup it offers both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for advanced functionality when paired with a mobile app.
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- Packing in a newly developed 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter and a new Venus Engine processor, the GH5 claims to produce the best image quality to date from a Lumix camera. Using Multipixel Luminance Generation and Intelligent Detail Processing, it will maximise sharpness and details as well as accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. It offers excellent three-dimension colour control and precise noise reduction techniques to help with shooting at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. It also enables shooting speeds of up to 12 fps with AF-S or manual focus modes.
- 4K Video Recording
- The GH5 is an exceptionally capable video camera in addition to its outstanding stills capabilities. The flagship feature is UHD 4K video at up to 60 fps, though another excellent spec is the ability to record 4:2:2 10-bit files at resolutions up to DCI and UHD 4K at 24/30 fps. A full-size HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output at 4:2:2 10-bit in all settings for use with external monitors and recorders. The camera also offers high bit-rate recording for highly detailed images free of compression artefacts.
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles are available to provide a more gradable image, such as CINELIKE V and CINELIKE D, as well as an in-camera LUT to make monitoring easier. Also, users will have access to overcranking and undercranking settings which provide speeds up to 2.5x slower in 4K (60 fps) and 7.5x slower in Full HD (180 fps). Also, a 4K Anamorphic mode is available, which will let you record in a proper 4:3 ratio for adjustment in post-production.
The GH5 is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional V-Log L upgrade and separately available accessories such as the XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
- 6K and 4K PHOTO
- Utilising the GH5’s video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 60 or 30 fps shooting rate or 18MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you’re unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 or 18 MP frame.
- Dual I.S. 2
- Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, Dual I.S. 2 combines the GH5’s sensor-shift image stabilisation technology with lens-based image stabilisation to compensate for a broader range of movement types to render sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. 2 requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S. This stabilisation system is able to compensate for approximately 5 stops of camera shake.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.86m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.2″ 1.62m-dot rear RGBW LCD monitor has a free angle, tilt and swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots are present which provides settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which recording the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organisation.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash- and dust-proof as well as freeze proof to 14°F.
- A joystick is available on the rear of the camera to make changing many settings easier and more intuitive, such as changing a focus point.
- The sleek flat-body profile incorporates both front and rear dials for intuitive control over aperture and shutter speed settings. Multiple assignable function buttons are also available, as well as a dedicated exposure compensation dial.
- Built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC and Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets. Bluetooth LE also enables a constant connection to your mobile device, allowing for functions such as geolocation and automatic image transfer.
- 225-Area Advanced Depth-From-Defocus AF System
- For accelerated autofocus performance, and Advanced DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.05 seconds, which enables continuous shooting up to 9 fps with continuous AF. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject colour, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. The sensitivity and speed can be adjusted to further improve performance with certain subjects. It also features 225 AF areas which provide excellent control over where the camera will focus. Additionally, supporting working in low-light conditions, a Starlight AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -4 EV.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a coloured outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
- Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec., as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLF19 battery provides approximately 400 shots per charge when using the rear monitor, or 380 with the electronic viewfinder.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Colour, and Sunshine.
- Firmware Update Schedule
- Full HD 4:2:2 10-bit video recording.
- 400 Mbps 4:2:2 10-bit All-Intra video recording in 4K 30p, 25p, and 24p as well as Full HD.
- Higher resolution Anamorphic mode.
- Hybrid Log Gamma in Photo Style mode for 4K HDR video recording.
- USB tethering.
INSPECTION - The customer agrees that the equipment supplied by Able and listed below (The Equipment) is received in good working order and suitable for use and that the Renter is familiar with its operation. On return of Equipment Able staff will inspect all items if the Renter does not wait for inspection Able Video & Multimedia may charge Renter for any damaged found during inspection.
PAYMENT - The Renter agrees to pay Able rental charges until the equipment is returned in good working order and any other applicable charges specified in this agreement.
LATE RETURN - The Renter agrees to return the equipment to Able’s facility on time or pay extra rental charges due on a pro rata basis.
BREAKDOWN - The Renter shall notify Able Video and Multimedia of any breakdown of the Equipment and not attempt repairs. The Renter will not interfere in any way with any mechanical fittings or appliances attached to or forming part of the Equipment or, without the written consent of Able, have any repairs effected thereto by any person other than an employee of Able or such person as Able may nominate. The Renter agrees to accept Able or it’s qualified repairer’s determination as to whether the Equipment is faulty and the cause of the breakdown.
DAMAGE - The Renter agrees to pay for damage to the equipment. In the case of damage or injury (by fire, storm or through any cause whatsoever) to/by the equipment, it is agreed that the cost of repair, replacement or damages as the case may be (and any charges payable according to this agreement), shall be paid by the Renter to Able on demand. Any such charges may be deducted from a deposit (if taken) left by the Renter and the Renter shall pay the excess to Able Video and Multimedia on demand.
COMPENSATION - The customer agrees to pay for the cost of equipment lost or stolen.The Customer shall also pay to Able Video and Multimedia on demand a sum equal to the rental charges which Able Video and Multimedia could have obtained for the period from the date of commencement of the rental of the equipment damaged, lost or stolen to the date of receipt by Able Video and Multimedia of Payment of the repair or replacement.
INDEMNITY- The customer is responsible for accidents caused by use of the equipment.The Customer indemnifies, and keeps indemnified, Able Video and Multimedia in respect of its liability for personal injuries, property damages and any associated legal expenses arising out of any accident which might be caused by or contributed to by, or arise out of the use, operation or handling of the equipment during the term of rental.
RECOVERY OF EQUIPMENT - Able Video and Multimedia has the right to recover the Equipment if charges are not paid and the renter is responsible for any costs associated with the recovery process.
NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE – Able gives no warranty, express or implied, as to description, quality, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, productiveness, or any other matter of operation of the Equipment and accepts no responsibility for it’s use by the Renter. The Renter hereby waives any such remedies, warranties, guarantees or liabilities, expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, against Able.
GENERAL OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
The customer is responsible for pickup and delivery/return from/ to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility during business hours unless otherwise stated in this agreement. The equipment shall not be considered returned until a full inventory has been completed and any missing equipment or replacements for damaged parts have been delivered to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility.
The Customer acknowledges that all equipment rented remains the property of Able Video and Multimedia at all times and the Customer will not sell, charge, pledge or part with possession of the equipment.
The Renter shall insure, at their expense, all the Equipment at all times during the rental, for full replacement cost and for loss of use of the Equipment. Coverage must begin from before the time the Renter takes delivery of the Equipment and continue until the time the Equipment is returned and the rental expires. The Renter shall insure for risk coverage that is greater or equal to the replacement cost of all Equipment and any rental or other charges payable under this agreement, including transit/shipping, Public & other Liability Coverage, Property Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance, prior to taking delivery of Equipment. Such insurance shall be written by reputable insurers. Notwithstanding this paragraph, the Renter shall remain primarily liable to Able for full performance under the terms and conditions of this Rental agreement and Able may enforce it’s remedies directly against the Renter without resort to their insurance.
Upon taking taken delivery of the equipment, the Renter’s responsibility includes, but is not limited to, risks while in transit, at all locations named and unnamed, and while in use, or storage at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility. The Renter’s responsibility is discharged when the equipment is returned and the rental term has expired. Equipment will not be deemed to have been returned until all of the following conditions have been met: 1) property has been brought back to the premises during normal business hours; 2) an inventory has been completed and a missing and damaged list has been compiled, if needed; and 3) the term of the Rental Contract has expired.
The Customer acknowledges having received the equipment in good working order and condition. The Customer may test the equipment at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility before taking delivery to ensure it is in good working order and condition prior to taking delivery. The Customer will use the equipment in a careful and proper manner and permit only skilled and experienced personnel to use the equipment and will not use the equipment in connection with any dangerous or hazardous activity.