Sony PXW Z150, with batteries and SD memory cards
Sony PXW-Z150 4K XDCAM Camcorder
- Single 1″ Exmor RS CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 30p
- HD up to 120 fps
- Sony G Lens with 12x Optical Zoom
- 18/24x Clear Image Zoom/48x Digital Zoom
- Discrete Manual Focus, Zoom, Iris Rings
- XAVC, AVC/H.264, AVCHD 2.0, MPEG-4
- Slow and Quick Motion Function
- Two SD Memory Card Slots, Wi-Fi
- 2 x 3-Pin XLR Audio Inputs
The PXW-Z150 4K XDCAM Camcorder from Sony brings high-quality performance, adaptability, and ease of use to a compact, handheld body that is the same size as the HXR-NX100. Suitable for corporate video, house of worship, and legal deposition recording. The camcorder features a single Exmor RS sensor with a UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, Sony G lens with 12x optical zoom range, and 18/24x Clear Image Zoom in 4K/HD. It can record 4K in XAVC Long at 4:2:0 8-bit, and HD in XAVC Long at 4:2:2 10-bit, as well as MPEG2HD at 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 in 8-bit only. The integrated zoom lens features individual lens control rings for focus, iris, and zoom, and produces smooth-rounded-out-of-focus highlights. The lens can be used in either full-auto mode with servo control, or as a completely manually operated lens.
The camcorder supports storing up to 6 picture profiles and allows you share profiles; the camera also supports Sony’s Slow and Quick Motion for shooting HD video at variable frame rates, including 120 fps. Recording to a variety of formats, frame rates, and codecs, the camcorder supports 100 Mb/s XAVC Long GOP recording of 4K UHD video at up to 29.97p, HD up to 59.94p, MPEG HD up to 59.94p, and AVCHD 2.0 up to 59.94p. Your footage is recorded to media via two SD memory card slots. You can choose to record simultaneously to both cards or use the relay mode which switches recording automatically to the second memory card when the first one is full. It features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity. The PXW-Z150 features two 3-pin XLR audio inputs that support line, mic, and mic + 48V (phantom power) for using external microphones; you can also use the PXW-Z150’s built-in microphone to record audio when shooting. The camcorder also includes Night Shot capability for shooting in extremely dim lighting conditions as well as date/time stamp, and timecode functionality.
- 1″ Exmor RS CMOS Sensor
- The PXW-Z150 incorporates a 1.0″-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor with approximately 14.2 million effective pixels. The R designation signifies that this is a backside illuminated sensor, and the S designation refers to the buffer design, and that it is able to read the information off the sensor much faster than a non-S designated sensor.
- Depth of Field
- The 1.0″-type offers more shallow depth of field than 1/2.88″-type or smaller sensors.
- Sony G Lens with 12x Optical Zoom, 24x Clear Image Zoom
- The PXW-Z150 is supplied with a fixed 12x optical zoom wide-angle Sony G lens, equivalent to a 29 to 348mm 35mm lens. The 12x optical zoom can be extended via Sony’s Clear Image Zoom technology to deliver an apparent 18x zoom range in 4K. In HD the 12x optical zoom can be doubled to 24x with Clear Image Zoom, and the Digital Extender function can double this range again, up to 48x zoom.
- Frame Rate Flexibility
- The camera records UHD 4K video (3840 x 2160p) at 29.97, 25, and 23.98 fps, in XAVC Long GOP in a choice of 100 Mb/s or 60 Mb/s. You can also select to record HD video instead of 4K, which allows you to not only record at standard frame rates up to 59.94p, but also engage Sony’s S&Q Motion, for recording HD video at 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, and 60 fps.
- Multiple Codec Choice
- You can select to record in XAVC Long GOP (4K/1080p), MPEG HD at 4:2:2 or 4:2:0, or AVCHD 2.0 at a variety of data rates.
- Lens Control
- Three lens rings enable smooth, natural adjustment of focus, zoom, and iris control. The rings are not mechanically linked to the lens movement, but there is a mechanical feel to the rings. However, they are endlessly rotating, which protects your lens elements from pinning, and the faster you rotate the lens ring the more reactive the result. The lens can also be used in full-auto mode or completely manual for maximum creative control.
- Built-In ND Filters
- The PXW-Z150 is equipped with a ND Filter function, allowing you to choose four conventional mechanical ND filter positions (Clear, 1/4ND, 1/16ND and 1/64ND) for better exposure and depth of field control.
- Media Slots
- The PXW-Z150 is equipped with two memory card slots, one of which is for SDHC/SDXC cards only, while the other slot is compatible with SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2)/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo cards.
Two media slots can be used to record in either “SIMUL” or “RELAY” mode. “RELAY” mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full, while “SIMUL” mode permits simultaneous recording to two memory cards. You can choose to record the same file to the second slot, creating an instant copy, or record a lower quality proxy for post.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- The Multi-Interface Shoe expands your options to use accessories without cables, such as the optional HVL-LBPC Video Light or the UWP-D wireless microphone series.
- Picture Profiles
- You can fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting up to 99 parameters such as gamma, knee, black level, color model, color level, color phase, and more. Adjusted parameters can be saved along with other settings as a profile, and up to six profiles can be stored for later recall.
You can copy the settings from one PXW-Z150 to another PXW-Z150 so that user can shoot with multiple cameras in the same settings. The picture profiles only work with the same model of camera.
- Using the camcorder’s built-in Wi-Fi capability you can FTP files directly from the camcorder or live stream over Wi-Fi without having to add any additional accessories. You can also use the camcorder’s Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity to remotely pair it to your iOS or Android mobile devices running the Content Browser Mobile app, giving you remote control over focus, zoom, iris, white balance, REC start/stop, and more
INSPECTION - The customer agrees that the equipment supplied by Able and listed below (The Equipment) is received in good working order and suitable for use and that the Renter is familiar with its operation. On return of Equipment Able staff will inspect all items if the Renter does not wait for inspection Able Video & Multimedia may charge Renter for any damaged found during inspection.
PAYMENT - The Renter agrees to pay Able rental charges until the equipment is returned in good working order and any other applicable charges specified in this agreement.
LATE RETURN - The Renter agrees to return the equipment to Able’s facility on time or pay extra rental charges due on a pro rata basis.
BREAKDOWN - The Renter shall notify Able Video and Multimedia of any breakdown of the Equipment and not attempt repairs. The Renter will not interfere in any way with any mechanical fittings or appliances attached to or forming part of the Equipment or, without the written consent of Able, have any repairs effected thereto by any person other than an employee of Able or such person as Able may nominate. The Renter agrees to accept Able or it’s qualified repairer’s determination as to whether the Equipment is faulty and the cause of the breakdown.
DAMAGE - The Renter agrees to pay for damage to the equipment. In the case of damage or injury (by fire, storm or through any cause whatsoever) to/by the equipment, it is agreed that the cost of repair, replacement or damages as the case may be (and any charges payable according to this agreement), shall be paid by the Renter to Able on demand. Any such charges may be deducted from a deposit (if taken) left by the Renter and the Renter shall pay the excess to Able Video and Multimedia on demand.
COMPENSATION - The customer agrees to pay for the cost of equipment lost or stolen.The Customer shall also pay to Able Video and Multimedia on demand a sum equal to the rental charges which Able Video and Multimedia could have obtained for the period from the date of commencement of the rental of the equipment damaged, lost or stolen to the date of receipt by Able Video and Multimedia of Payment of the repair or replacement.
INDEMNITY- The customer is responsible for accidents caused by use of the equipment.The Customer indemnifies, and keeps indemnified, Able Video and Multimedia in respect of its liability for personal injuries, property damages and any associated legal expenses arising out of any accident which might be caused by or contributed to by, or arise out of the use, operation or handling of the equipment during the term of rental.
RECOVERY OF EQUIPMENT - Able Video and Multimedia has the right to recover the Equipment if charges are not paid and the renter is responsible for any costs associated with the recovery process.
NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE – Able gives no warranty, express or implied, as to description, quality, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, productiveness, or any other matter of operation of the Equipment and accepts no responsibility for it’s use by the Renter. The Renter hereby waives any such remedies, warranties, guarantees or liabilities, expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, against Able.
GENERAL OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
The customer is responsible for pickup and delivery/return from/ to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility during business hours unless otherwise stated in this agreement. The equipment shall not be considered returned until a full inventory has been completed and any missing equipment or replacements for damaged parts have been delivered to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility.
The Customer acknowledges that all equipment rented remains the property of Able Video and Multimedia at all times and the Customer will not sell, charge, pledge or part with possession of the equipment.
The Renter shall insure, at their expense, all the Equipment at all times during the rental, for full replacement cost and for loss of use of the Equipment. Coverage must begin from before the time the Renter takes delivery of the Equipment and continue until the time the Equipment is returned and the rental expires. The Renter shall insure for risk coverage that is greater or equal to the replacement cost of all Equipment and any rental or other charges payable under this agreement, including transit/shipping, Public & other Liability Coverage, Property Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance, prior to taking delivery of Equipment. Such insurance shall be written by reputable insurers. Notwithstanding this paragraph, the Renter shall remain primarily liable to Able for full performance under the terms and conditions of this Rental agreement and Able may enforce it’s remedies directly against the Renter without resort to their insurance.
Upon taking taken delivery of the equipment, the Renter’s responsibility includes, but is not limited to, risks while in transit, at all locations named and unnamed, and while in use, or storage at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility. The Renter’s responsibility is discharged when the equipment is returned and the rental term has expired. Equipment will not be deemed to have been returned until all of the following conditions have been met: 1) property has been brought back to the premises during normal business hours; 2) an inventory has been completed and a missing and damaged list has been compiled, if needed; and 3) the term of the Rental Contract has expired.
The Customer acknowledges having received the equipment in good working order and condition. The Customer may test the equipment at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility before taking delivery to ensure it is in good working order and condition prior to taking delivery. The Customer will use the equipment in a careful and proper manner and permit only skilled and experienced personnel to use the equipment and will not use the equipment in connection with any dangerous or hazardous activity.