Sony DSR-PD150 Camcorder with batteries and 1 Mini DV tape
Sony DSR-PD150 Professional 1/3″ DVCAM Camcorder
Rental price per day $ 80.00
Going places big heavy broadcast cameras simply cannot, Sony’s super-portable professional camera, the 1/3 inch 3-CCD DSR-PD150 offers, first and foremost, excellent image quality. True-to-life images and highly customizable picture-looks along with time-code and professional audio features make the DSR-PD150 a serious choice for the serious shooter. And Sony’s CCD’s do double duty capturing fine digital-still photo images in 480 line progressive scan mode.
- Avanced 3 CCD Image Quality
- This compact camcorder features three newly developed 1/3 inch 380K pixel CCDs that allow two scanning modes: 480 progressive (for still photos) or interlaced (for video). These new CCDs also provide high quality acquisition with increased resolution and sensitivity with reduced noise and vertical smear.
- Professional DVCAM or DV Video Aquisition
- With the DSR-PD150 you have the capability to record DVCAM or DV format video on the Mini tape size. The DVCAM format records highly reliable professional video with locked audio. In the universal DV format you can record beautiful images in SP mode only(maximum 80 minute recording time).
- Newly Developed high MTF 12X Zoom Lens
- Professional quality picture starts with a high quality lens. Produced with high Modulation Transfer Function (high MTF= high resolution throughout aperture range), the 6-72mm lens provides exceptional detail and clarity that reduces optical distortion, and provides better corner to corner focus. The lens accepts 58mm screw-on filters.
- Optical Steadyshot Image Stabilization
- Super Steadyshot senses both horizontal and vertical movements, adjusts and optically (not digitally) compensates for unsteadiness while maintaining picture quality.
- Analog to Digital Converter with Pass Through
- The camcorder’s analog inputs feature a built-in Analog to Digital converter that will convert your analog video/audio to a digital signal that can either be recorded to tape or passed-through the i.Link interface to a compatible computer.
- Pre-Settable Time Code
- The time code can be preset using any number in Hour/Minute/Second/Frame. The time code mode can be selected between “rec-run” or “free run.” User bits can also be set.
- XLR Audio Inputs
- The DSR-PD150 camcorder features dual XLR audio inputs for connecting professional microphones. The input level can be selected from Mic/Line/Mic Attenuator positions. 48 volt phantom power can be supplied. Input 1 audio can be recorded on either CH1 or CH1 and CH2 audio tracks (selected by switch).
- Digital Video Transfers with Firewire
- The i.Link DV In/Out interface provides a high-speed, bi-directional digital link between camcorders, VCR’s, or computers for digital to digital editing, which delivers unmatched versatility and performance.
- Digital Program Editing
- This feature allows you to edit the tape using the i.Link/Firewire interface. After connecting the camcorder to a compatible VCR and setting in and out points for up to 20 programs, the camcorder and VCR will automatically edit the selected portions.
- Digital Audio
- PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) stereo audio records two channels of audio with the 48kHz/16-bit or 32kHz/12-bit mode. Audio dubbing is possible when the tape is recorded in the 32kHz/12-bit mode.
- LCD Monitor
- The built-in LCD monitor does double duty. You will find it handy when setting menu options, and its 200,000 pixels displays a high quality video image. The monitor swivels so as to be viewable when camera is high, low, or when shooting self-portraits.
- Precision Black & White Viewfinder
- Professionals appreciate that a black and white viewfinder makes critical focus easier and faster. This viewfinder has 500 lines of horizontal resolution.
- Interval Recording
- Time Lapse video can be achieved with the built-in intervalometer. The interval time is the time that the camera is in standby. So now you can shoot 1/2 second of video every 10 minutes, as an example. Shoot a flower opening over several days while recording only a few minutes of videotape. Select from .5 minute, 1,5, or 10 minute intervals with .5 second,1, 1.5, or 2 second record times.
- Manual Functions the Professionals Require
- shutter speed
- AE Shift
- White Balance
- Color Level
- Neutral Density Filters(1 and 4 Stops)
- Zebra (70% or 100%)
- Audio Rec. Levels
- Custom Presets for Custom Looks
- Set and store the preset options to get the video to look hard or soft, warm or cold, the way you want it.
- Color Level
- White Balance Shift
- Auto Gain Control Limit
- Progressive Scan Digital Still Photo Mode
- Digital Still Camera function allows you to capture high quality VGA (640 x 480) resolution JPEG file digital still images, and store them on to the supplied 4MB(up to 60 photos) Memory Stick digital media.
Progressive Scan CCDs capture a complete frame for still photos rather than interlacing two separate fields to produce a video frame. This high performance system eliminates the stair stepping effect that can be seen in standard interlaced systems when capturing still images. The images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.
- Time and Date Burned Onto Tape
- Useful in legal depositions, security applications or anytime you just want to remember the details, the PD-150 will burn time and date onto the video.
- Info-Lithium Battery with AccuPower
- The DSR-PD150 works with the Infolithium system of Sony batteries. The lithium battery chemistry means longer overall life with more uses because there is no memory effect. The Accupower feature gives an accurate battery life meter in the viewfinder of the camcorder.
- Digital In-Camera Effects
- Fade in/out
- Flash motion
INSPECTION - The customer agrees that the equipment supplied by Able and listed below (The Equipment) is received in good working order and suitable for use and that the Renter is familiar with its operation. On return of Equipment Able staff will inspect all items if the Renter does not wait for inspection Able Video & Multimedia may charge Renter for any damaged found during inspection.
PAYMENT - The Renter agrees to pay Able rental charges until the equipment is returned in good working order and any other applicable charges specified in this agreement.
LATE RETURN - The Renter agrees to return the equipment to Able’s facility on time or pay extra rental charges due on a pro rata basis.
BREAKDOWN - The Renter shall notify Able Video and Multimedia of any breakdown of the Equipment and not attempt repairs. The Renter will not interfere in any way with any mechanical fittings or appliances attached to or forming part of the Equipment or, without the written consent of Able, have any repairs effected thereto by any person other than an employee of Able or such person as Able may nominate. The Renter agrees to accept Able or it’s qualified repairer’s determination as to whether the Equipment is faulty and the cause of the breakdown.
DAMAGE - The Renter agrees to pay for damage to the equipment. In the case of damage or injury (by fire, storm or through any cause whatsoever) to/by the equipment, it is agreed that the cost of repair, replacement or damages as the case may be (and any charges payable according to this agreement), shall be paid by the Renter to Able on demand. Any such charges may be deducted from a deposit (if taken) left by the Renter and the Renter shall pay the excess to Able Video and Multimedia on demand.
COMPENSATION - The customer agrees to pay for the cost of equipment lost or stolen.The Customer shall also pay to Able Video and Multimedia on demand a sum equal to the rental charges which Able Video and Multimedia could have obtained for the period from the date of commencement of the rental of the equipment damaged, lost or stolen to the date of receipt by Able Video and Multimedia of Payment of the repair or replacement.
INDEMNITY- The customer is responsible for accidents caused by use of the equipment.The Customer indemnifies, and keeps indemnified, Able Video and Multimedia in respect of its liability for personal injuries, property damages and any associated legal expenses arising out of any accident which might be caused by or contributed to by, or arise out of the use, operation or handling of the equipment during the term of rental.
RECOVERY OF EQUIPMENT - Able Video and Multimedia has the right to recover the Equipment if charges are not paid and the renter is responsible for any costs associated with the recovery process.
NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE – Able gives no warranty, express or implied, as to description, quality, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, productiveness, or any other matter of operation of the Equipment and accepts no responsibility for it’s use by the Renter. The Renter hereby waives any such remedies, warranties, guarantees or liabilities, expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, against Able.
GENERAL OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
The customer is responsible for pickup and delivery/return from/ to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility during business hours unless otherwise stated in this agreement. The equipment shall not be considered returned until a full inventory has been completed and any missing equipment or replacements for damaged parts have been delivered to Able Video and Multimedia’s facility.
The Customer acknowledges that all equipment rented remains the property of Able Video and Multimedia at all times and the Customer will not sell, charge, pledge or part with possession of the equipment.
The Renter shall insure, at their expense, all the Equipment at all times during the rental, for full replacement cost and for loss of use of the Equipment. Coverage must begin from before the time the Renter takes delivery of the Equipment and continue until the time the Equipment is returned and the rental expires. The Renter shall insure for risk coverage that is greater or equal to the replacement cost of all Equipment and any rental or other charges payable under this agreement, including transit/shipping, Public & other Liability Coverage, Property Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance, prior to taking delivery of Equipment. Such insurance shall be written by reputable insurers. Notwithstanding this paragraph, the Renter shall remain primarily liable to Able for full performance under the terms and conditions of this Rental agreement and Able may enforce it’s remedies directly against the Renter without resort to their insurance.
Upon taking taken delivery of the equipment, the Renter’s responsibility includes, but is not limited to, risks while in transit, at all locations named and unnamed, and while in use, or storage at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility. The Renter’s responsibility is discharged when the equipment is returned and the rental term has expired. Equipment will not be deemed to have been returned until all of the following conditions have been met: 1) property has been brought back to the premises during normal business hours; 2) an inventory has been completed and a missing and damaged list has been compiled, if needed; and 3) the term of the Rental Contract has expired.
The Customer acknowledges having received the equipment in good working order and condition. The Customer may test the equipment at Able Video and Multimedia’s facility before taking delivery to ensure it is in good working order and condition prior to taking delivery. The Customer will use the equipment in a careful and proper manner and permit only skilled and experienced personnel to use the equipment and will not use the equipment in connection with any dangerous or hazardous activity.